Cross Lanes Truck Accident Lawyers
Individuals who get injured in truck accidents in Cross Lanes, usually face an uphill battle legally. Because of the severity of their injuries, these types of claims are usually worth a lot of money, and large trucking companies and their insurers typically spend a lot of resources fighting them.
To level the playing field, it is important to work with experienced trucking accident attorneys who thoroughly understand the complexities involved with these cases, and that’s where we come in. At Bailey, Javins, and Carter L.C., we have been standing up for injury victims in Cross Lanes and throughout West Virginia for more than five decades.
Our firm is focused exclusively on personal injury and related areas of the law, and we have a successful track record of obtaining favorable outcomes even against the most well-funded adversaries. We are not intimidated by their vast resources and their armies of attorneys. We fight hard for our clients, and we know what it takes to ensure that all responsible parties are held fully accountable.
Trucking Accident Injuries in Cross Lanes, WV
Commercial truck accidents can occur anywhere, but they are most common on busier roadways where tractor-trailers travel more frequently. Here are a few of the more dangerous intersections to look out for in the Cross Lanes area:
- I-64 and US 622/Goff Mountain Rd
- US 622/Goff Mountain Rd and US 62/Cross Lanes Dr.
- Big Tyler Rd and Frontier Dr. (near West Virginia Junior College)
- US 62/Cross Lanes Dr. and US 25/First Ave S.
As we touched on earlier, injuries from big rig truck accidents can be especially severe. Some of the most common injuries we have seen over the years include:
- Head Injuries: Various types of head injuries happen fairly often in large truck accidents due to the sudden impact and force of the crash that shakes or jars the head out of position. The collision can also cause the head to slam into the steering wheel, dashboard, or windshield, which severely heightens the risk of a traumatic brain injury (TBI). TBIs vary widely in severity, but more serious cases can result in lifelong health problems.
- Neck Injuries: A sudden jolt from a truck crash can severely affect the neck area as well. One of the most common types of resulting injuries is a soft tissue injury known as whiplash. As the name implies, whiplash occurs when a collision causes the head and neck to snap back and forth rapidly in a whiplike motion. Some symptoms of whiplash include neck and shoulder pain and stiffness, dizziness, numbness and tingling in the arms, headaches, limited range of motion, and fatigue.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: The spinal column is one of the most important areas of the body because it contains a nerve center that sends messages to other parts of the body. When a spinal cord injury disrupts this area, it can result in permanent disabilities which may include partial or full paralysis.
- Internal Injuries: The force of a truck crash can throw an individual’s internal organs out of place, which can result in internal bleeding and severe organ damage. Internal injuries are especially dangerous because they are not usually detected right away although they can be life-threatening.
- Severe Burn Injuries: Semi-trucks have significantly larger fuel tanks than other types of vehicles. For this reason, a serious collision can cause the tank to explode and inflict widespread damage to everything nearby. Individuals that are caught in an explosion and subsequent fire are highly susceptible to severe burn injuries. A third-degree burn can result in permanent disfigurement and long-term disabilities.
- Crush Injuries: When a large commercial truck crashes into another vehicle or individual, those involved could wind up in a position where they get squeezed between two objects. This can result in a crush injury. Crush injuries can cause fractures, damage to internal organs, compressed nerves, and other problems. In some of the worst cases, this type of injury could necessitate an amputation of a limb, which of course is a permanent injury from which the victim would never be able to fully recover.
Anyone who is involved in a Cross Lanes, WV truck accident should seek immediate medical attention, even if you do not feel like you are injured. Some injuries, even serious ones like those that occur internally, are not noticed right away. So, it is better to get checked out just in case.
Here are some of the medical facilities in the Cross Lanes area where you can get treated:
- CAMC Urgent Care Center off of Gatewater Rd. in Cross Lanes
- Sunbridge Care & Rehab on Caldwell Ln in Dunbar
- Saint Francis Hospital on Laidley St in Charleston
Work with Our Seasoned Cross Lanes, WV Truck Accident Attorneys
After you have been checked out by a medical professional, your next step is to get started on your legal case. To schedule a free consultation and case assessment with one of our skilled and knowledgeable attorneys, message us online or call our office today at (800) 497-0234 or (800) 296-6979. We look forward to serving you!