Jacob N. Snuffer
Charleston, West Virginia
The product of a blue-collar family, Jacob was raised in Raleigh and Wyoming Counties in the southern coalfields of West Virginia. Much of his family are coal miners to this day, giving him a unique understanding of the industry. Jacob’s passion for serving injured workers stems from the fact that both of his grandfathers died due to working in the mines – one in a rockfall accident and another from black lung. Because of those tragedies, Jacob seeks to use his expertise to hold responsible coal operators liable.
From a young age, Jacob has believed in serving his community. He received a grant for Wyoming County to build two youth centers, and orchestrated West Virginia’s largest summer feeding program for impoverished youth in southern West Virginia. Today, he serves the community as President of the WVU Extension Service for Wyoming County and through his church.
Jacob focuses his practice on the areas of workplace injury, motor vehicle accidents, product liability, and medical malpractice. His desire is to help clients through their case with a servants’ heart – putting the needs of the client first. Jacob has vowed to put in the same vigorous work ethic that his blue-collar father had for each case he handles.
Areas of Practice
- Mining Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Workplace Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Catastrophic Injury
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 2023
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia, 2023
- Appalachian School of Law, Grundy, Virginia
- J.D. – 2023
- Honors: Magna Cum laude
- Certification in Civil Litigation and Natural Resources Law
- Concord University, Athens, West Virginia
- B.S. Magna cum laude – Political Science – 2019
- B.A. Magna cum laude – History – 2019
- Jacob Snuffer, The Black Lung Benefits Improvement Act of 2022: Benefits to Miners &the Attorneys who Serve Them, 22 Appalachian Journal of Law (2023).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- West Virginia State Bar, 2023 – Present
- Raleigh County Bar Association, 2023 – Present
- West Virginia Association for Justice, Member, 2023 – Present