Commercial Truck & Big Rig Accident Lawyers in Huntington, WV
Huntington, WV sees a lot of commercial trucks that come through. With three Walmart Supercenters nearby (one in Barboursville, one in Huntington, and one across the river), and countless shopping centers along E US Hwy 60 / 5th Ave, there’s no shortage of big rigs driving around here.
If you or someone close to you has been injured in a truck accident in Huntington, WV, or a nearby area, you may have a right to significant compensation. Trucking accident cases are not as straightforward as standard auto accidents, however, because there are several parties that could be at fault, and there are numerous laws and regulations that govern the industry.
After you have received the medical attention you need, whether it was at Cabell Huntington Hospital, St Mary’s Medical Center, or any other nearby hospital, your next call should be to the experienced West Virginia truck accident lawyers at Bailey, Javins, and Carter L.C.
For more than five decades, we have been standing up for accident injury victims in the Mountain State, and we have a successful track record with even the most complex cases. We work closely with our clients, and we will look at every potential legal avenue in order to ensure that they receive the full and fair compensation they deserve.
Truck Accident Injury Statistics
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS):
- Large truck crash fatalities account for approximately 11% of all traffic-related deaths.
- 67% of individuals killed in truck crashes are occupants of cars and other passenger vehicles.
- 15% of those that are killed in truck accidents are motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
- Nearly three out of every four deaths in large truck accidents were crashes that involved tractor-trailers, while just over one in four involved single-unit trucks.
- 34% of large truck accident fatalities occurred on interstates and freeways, 51% occurred on major roads (other than interstates and freeways), and just 15% occurred on minor roads.
- The most common type of trucking accident is a head-on collision.
- The most common driver-related factors that contribute to a truck crash are speeding, distracted driving, and chemical impairment.
- Tire defects are a contributing factor in approximately 30% of all large truck crashes.
Trucking Accidents in Huntington, WV
A crash with a big rig truck at one of these or another area intersection can leave you with moderate to severe injuries. But in some cases, the injuries are not felt right away because of the adrenaline rush that occurs after being involved in an accident or a similarly traumatic event.
Whether you are feeling anything or not, you should always get looked at right away after a crash just to be on the safe side.
How Can a Huntington, WV Truck Accident Lawyer Help Me?
You will most likely be dealing with large insurance carriers whose goal is to minimize the amount of damages they have to pay out for your injuries. This is why it pays to work with a legal team that has in-depth experience successfully pursuing truck accident claims.
Here are just a few of the ways that our truck accident attorneys will assist you with your legal claim:
- Perform an extensive investigation. As soon as we take your case, we will go to work to thoroughly investigate the crash and identify all factors that may have caused or contributed to it.
- Explore all of your legal options. Based on the results of our investigation, we will look at every party that may have played a role in causing your injuries and prepare to file a claim against each one. For example, if the accident was the trucker’s fault, then their employer is also likely to be responsible. Or if the cargo/shipping company improperly loaded the truck in their haste to get it back out on the road, then they may hold some responsibility for the crash as well. An auto part manufacturer could be on the hook if defective tires, faulty brakes, or another vehicle defect contributed to the crash.
- Deal with the other side and fight for maximum compensation. After we accept the case, you will no longer have to worry about dealing with the other side. We will take over negotiations and take care of all the other complicated legal tasks, so you can focus on getting recovered from your injuries. Our extensive investigation and legal knowledge will allow us to negotiate from a position of strength, making it more likely that the other side will give you a fair offer. If they are not willing to be reasonable, however, we will not hesitate to pursue damages through litigation if this turns out to be the most viable path forward.
- Provide professional advice and legal counsel. Throughout the entire legal process, we will communicate with you regularly and keep you updated on how things are going. We will also provide you with critical advice about what to do and what not to do while your case is ongoing, and we are always available to address any questions or concerns that you may have.
Contact Our Experienced West Virginia Truck Accident Attorneys
If you or someone you love got hurt in a trucking accident in Huntington or anywhere else in West Virginia, Bailey, Javins, and Carter L.C. is here to help! Call us today at (800) 497-0234 or (800) 296-6979 or message us online to set up a free consultation and case assessment with one of our attorneys.