Mortgage Modification Misconduct

When you are unable to pay your mortgage, you may turn to your lender for a modification. But what do you do if your lender mishandles your modification? Whom do you turn to if your lender gives you the wrong information and you default on your mortgage? How do you protect your rights during a modification?An attorney at Bailey, Javins & Carter, L.C., can help you through the modification process and represent you in a claim against a lender who mishandles your modification. Since 1970, we have provided quality legal services to clients with debt issues in West Virginia. Contact us for a free consultation about your case and what we can do to help you.

Misconduct and the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP)

If you are employed and still unable to make your monthly mortgage payments, you may be able to modify your loan under the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP). In some HAMP lawsuits, this modification can be helpful and allow the consumer to get his or her finances back on track.

In other cases, however, lenders have been taking advantage of unsuspecting borrowers. Deceptive or careless lenders may string a borrower along and wrongfully deny an application for a modification. The federal government is collecting $25 billion from major lenders, including Bank of America and Chase, for mortgage modification and foreclosure misconduct. This settlement is being divided among more than 1 million homeowners who were affected by the misconduct of the lenders.

Do You Suspect Misconduct in Your Modification?

If you believe that your lender has incorrectly handled your modification or loan, our law firm can help you. Our lawyers are experienced at handling national multidistrict litigation. We can help you consolidate a class action, in an individual suit or in negotiations. Whatever stage of your case or turn it takes, we will act as your advocate and help you protect your rights as a borrower and homeowner.

Speak to an Attorney About Your Situation

Our attorneys can advice you of your options and help you through the process of bringing a claim for mortgage modification misconduct. Contact us for a free initial consultation about your case. We have offices in Charleston, Logan and Summersville for your convenience.